US Advanced Suspension Market, 2017
Advanced suspension systems were touted to be the next big thing in the automotive industry when they were launched a couple of decades back. However, owing to the high cost of these systems, the penetration of these systems has remained confined to the premium vehicles. Many OEMs have been offering passive suspension systems that offer the benefits such as high temperature stability, lighter weight and lower cost as a standard equipment. Owing to the fact that these systems have fixed damper setting, these systems are not capable of offering the right mix of comfort, ride and handling characteristics that the consumers and the OEMs expect. Also, OEMs have been facing a tough challenge in meeting the stringent emission norms and a few OEMs have been liable for financial penalties for not meeting these targets. In order to tackle these short comings, OEMs have started offering advanced suspension systems such as the active and the semi-active suspension systems that offer the right balance of comfort, ride and handling.
Until a few years back, the American customers were not receptive to electronic suspension but going forward, due to increased interest, many more models are expected to be equipped with advanced suspension systems. However, the penetration of such systems is likely to remain confined to the premium and sports segment vehicles owing to the high cost of these systems. Also, there is an increased interest among the consumers for systems that offer auto leveling and height control features.
This research service explores the current advanced suspension market as the industry migrates from passive suspension systems to more sophisticated suspension systems that offer superior driving dynamics. The study gives detailed model-wise information of suspension systems used and also a detailed description of working of those systems.
The objectives of the study are as follows:
• Provide an strategic overview of the USA’s adaptive and active suspension market, including key technology trends, key OEMs’ choice of suspension
• Provide insights on which MY2017 vehicles are using which type of advanced suspension
• Develop an actionable set of recommendations
• To highlight the business opportunities and challenges for Western and Asian OEMs and suppliers
Some of the key questions this report will try to answer are:
1. Which type of advanced suspension is preferred by which OEM in USA?
2. What other features are offered in addition to damping?
3. Who are the key participants/market leaders and what are their preferences?
4. Are advanced suspension system offered as standard or optional equipment?
The study covers all types of advanced suspension systems in USA such as electro pneumatic; electro hydraulic; magnetorheological and electro mechanical systems.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook