Gain exclusive insights on the perceived value and benefits of personalised medicine and on the key challenges and opportunities in relation to implementation from treating oncologists.
Personalised Medicines in Oncology: Assessing Key Drivers and Challenges at the Physician Level (US) is based on survey results from 50 US oncologists (33 medical oncologists and 17 haematologist-oncologists) and offers insights on what oncologists believe are the critical issues, challenges and opportunities within the personalised medicines space, and how oncologists intend to adopt personalised medicine in the future.
Reasons to Purchase
A great deal of anticipation and expectation surrounds personalised medicine. While there have been some notable successes, the promise of personalised medicine – right medicine, right patient, right time – has failed to materialise in many disease areas where a personalised approach could drive better patient outcomes. Concerns amongst key stakeholder groups remain, particularly in relation to development, access and implementation of personalised healthcare strategies.
This survey provides US physician insights into personalised medicine within the oncology setting. By understanding what oncologists in the US think about the key challenges, opportunities and concerns, companies operating in the oncology market and seeking to leverage personalised medicine for their products can gain a deep understanding of what’s needed to drive long-term commercial success.
Gain Answers to Key Questions
- How do US physicians rank perceived application values of personalised medicine?
- How do US physicians rank the top potential benefits of personalised medicine for physicians and patients?
- What are US physician insights on the current usage of personalised medicine for the treatment of all cancer types, including solid and blood tumours?
- How do US physicians rank access and data challenges?
- If access and data challenges were minimal – what proportion of US physicians would prescribe personalised medicines?
- What critical factors do US physicians think enable effective current and future usage of personalised medicine?
Filled with charts and up-to-the-minute survey analysis, this report offers:
About the Survey
- Precise and timely analysis of US oncologist awareness, perception of value, promise and benefits of personalised medicine
- Data and insight on current usage and access status, and challenges related to personalised medicine access and adoption intention
- US Oncologist views on the critical enablers and success factors of personalised medicine, as well as anticipated future developments
- Data was collected via a 10-minute internet-based questionnaire
- US: 50 oncologists (33 medical oncologists and 17 haematologist-oncologists).
- Respondents were screened to ensure that they see at least 100 patients in total in a typical month, have been in active practice between 3-35 years, devote at least 50% of time to direct patient care and are aware of personalised medicine
About FirstWord Reports
- Insight on US oncologist awareness of personalised medicine, their impact on patient care and the value of personalised medicines overall clinical outcomesViews on the critical benefits of personalised medicine, and key issues related to how personalised medicine can support access to innovative therapiesOpinions on the future use of personalised medicine, and what key barriers are likely to slow adoption rates
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
- 1.Awareness, Perception of Value and Benefits of Personalised Medicine
- 1.1.Awareness and perceived application value
- 1.2.Perception of impact and support for the potential value
- 1.4.Potential be