FirstView Barriers – An Analysis of Market Barriers in Type 2 Diabetes (EU5)
What market barriers are influencing the Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) market? From price to availability to reimbursement factors, FirstView Barriers – An Analysis of Market Barriers in Type 2 Diabetes (EU5) provides insights that can help develop, shape and refine your brand strategies. Also Available is FirstView Barriers – An Analysis of Market Barriers in Type 2 Diabetes (US). To purchase both and receive a free US/EU5 Comparison report, contact FirstWord.
Based on data gained from proprietary analytics, gain visibility into why physicians are prescribing, or not, certain drugs to treat T2DM. This information allows you to act strategically, drive market share gains and improve competitiveness for your brand.
Get Answers to Key Questions
Insight and Analysis Provided
- How does product pricing, availability and reimbursement affect a physician’s decision to prescribe one product over another?
- What T2DM drug treatments are gaining share and which ones are losing share due to these barriers?
- In the T2DM market, what percentage of prescriptions are influenced by barriers, what are the barriers experienced and the volume of prescriptions these barriers represent?
Key Issues Explored
- Byetta (exenatide)
- Onglyza (saxagliptin)
- Farxiga (dapagliflozin)
- Johnson & Johnson
- Invokana (canagliflozin)
- Merck & Co.
- Januvia (sitagliptin)
- Novo Nordisk
- Victoza (liraglutide)
- Levemir (Insulin detemir)
- Lantus (Insulin glargine)
- The amount of share your brand gains and loses due to specific market barriers.
- The user mix for your brand, plus doctors who are not current users but would consider using it.
- The percentage of prescriptions influenced by barriers, the barriers experienced and the volume of scripts these barriers represent.
- A mixed total of 150: 66 endocrinologists and 84 general practitioners in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK
- Data collected via a 10-minute questionnaire.
About FirstWord Reports
- See at least 20 T2DM patients in past month
- Have been in active practice more than 2 years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
- 1.Current user base and overall market barrier impact
- 1.1.Current usage and consideration
- 1.2.Overall market barrier impact
- 1.3.Losses and gains due to barriers
- 1.4.Barrier effect score
- 2.Brand specific barrier impact
- 2.1.Why do I lose or gain share?
- 2.2.Who gets my share?
- 2.3.Whose share do I get?
- 3.1.Physician profile
- 3.2.Barrier effect score summary