Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (US)
See how formularies, reimbursement, and price are ensuring the disparity in market share among brands
In the psoriasis market, brands are gaining or losing market share to the competition due to the effects of market barriers.
If barriers did not exist, the market landscape would be transformed, and several key brands would see their market share increase dramatically.
The report compares 6 major psoriasis treatments – Humira, Stelara, Enbrel, Remicade, Cosentyx, and Otezla.
You’ll get a detailed picture of what prevents doctors from prescribing your brand, who you’re losing market share to, and who you’re taking it from.
That’s information you can use to win back lost share and compete more effectively.
Not your market? Click here to see the EU report
Reasons to Purchase
Get Answers to Key Questions about Psoriasis Drug Brands
- Cosentyx (secukinumab; Novartis): Which two barriers are contributing to more than 50% of its net losses?
- Enbrel (etanercept; Pfizer): Enbrel is currently prescribed by more than 90% of physicians, but what level is Enbrel's gain from market barriers in real terms?
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie): Humira’s market dominance is being support by a market barrier, what would happen in a barrier free world?
- Otezla (apremilast; Celgene): What percentage of physicians would consider Otezla, and what effect could enhancing communication with them have on market share?
- Remicade (infliximab; Janssen Biotech): Remicade experiences roughly the same number of barriers as Humira, but which barriers are creating the huge disparity in prescription numbers?
- Stelara (ustekinumab; Janssen Biotech): What effect is Stelara's pricing strategy having on its uptake, and which leading competitor is it taking market share from?
- Prescriptions in the US are significantly affected by market barriers: see which ones are having the most effect.
- Market dominated by three players: Due to the significant potential gains/losses, if competitors could remove/side-step barriers, we would see a near level playing field.
- Even combined, the losing drugs hold minimal prescription usage: The percentage of the two least prescribed drugs added together is still less than 50% than that of any of the leading drugs.
- Disparity between barriers and market share: Counter-intuitively, two of the drugs holding the lowest prescription numbers show the highest number of physicians that have zero barriers to prescribing.
- Significant opportunities for the growth of weaker drugs: Tackling the most prominent market barriers could alleviate the gaps between themselves and the most prescribed drugs.
- Market leader owes its strong lead to certain market barriers: A drug is taking much of its market share from its competitors, strongly securing its position as the most prescribed drug.
- EU and US landscapes strikingly different: The US sees drugs being inhibited by market barriers circa 50% more when compared to the EU5. See the EU5 report to find out what the other key differences there are.
Exploring Market Access Issues
Market Access Impact: psoriasis explores key issues affecting dermatology drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:Exploring Market Access Issues
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest effect?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 Medical Dermatologists in the US, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with melanoma in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between January 28th – February 11th, 2016. About FirstWord
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.