Market Access Impact: Myeloma (US)
Market barriers affect nearly 20% of myeloma prescriptions. Is your brand losing market share?
We surveyed 150 European oncologists and haematologists to find out how market barriers affect the way they prescribe 8 myeloma drugs. The results show that half of those treatments lose market share overall while the other half make small net gains.
Find out why, and learn what your brand can do to regain lost share, in Market Access Impact: Myeloma (EU5).
The report covers major brands from Amgen, BMS/AbbVie, Celgene, Johnson & Johnson, and Novartis. You’ll discover which brands see the biggest gains and losses from 7 different market barriers, which barriers help and hurt your brand the most, and which competitors you take share from and lose it to.
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 8 Major Myeloma Drugs
- Half of brands are widely prescribed: Around 70% or more of the doctors surveyed prescribe 4 of the 8 brands covered. Over 90% of doctors prescribe the top brand.
- Half of the surveyed brands gain share: The four most prescribed brands all see small barrier-related net increases, but the most prescribed brand gains nearly twice as much as any other.
- The top barrier affects two brands disproportionately: Significantly more doctors experience this barrier with two of the least prescribed brands.
- Other brands also gain: They take share from all of the surveyed brands, and in aggregate, see the third-largest net share gain.
- Eliminating barriers would affect the middle of the market: Two middle-ranking brands would switch places, and the aggregate of other brands would move down the rankings.
- Market access affects more prescriptions than other barriers: Taken together barriers related to market access drive a third of barrier-related prescription decisions.
Exploring Important Market Access Issues
- Darzalex (daratumumab; Johnson & Johnson)
- Empliciti (elotuzumab; BMS/AbbVie)
- Farydak (panobinostat; Novartis)
- Kyprolis (carfilzomib; Amgen)
- Ninarlo (ixazomib; Takeda)
- Pomalyst (pomalidomide; Celgene)
- Revlimid (lenalidomide; Celgene)
- Thalomid (thalidomide; Celgene)
- Velcade (bortezomib; Takeda)
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
- 1. What are the market barriers
- 2. About this report
- 3. About the survey
- 4. Brands included in the survey
- 5. Executive summary