Market Access Impact: Multiple Sclerosis (US)
Which MS drug gets the biggest market share bump when doctors can’t prescribe rivals?
In the highly competitive multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment market, prescription barriers helped 5 of the 10 brands we surveyed eke out narrow market share gains while the other 5 lost out. Which barriers had the biggest impact? Are they the ones that helped the most prescribed brand gain three times as much market share as its closest rival?
Find out in Market Access Impact: MS. Request sample pages
The report covers 10 major MS drugs from Bayer, Biogen, EMD Serono, Genzyme, Novartis, and Teva. You’ll learn which barriers cost your brand the most share, and see which competitors you’re losing share to and taking it from—insight you can use to improve your market access strategy.
Not your market? Click here to see the EU report
Reasons to Purchase
- Highly competitive market: More than two thirds of the doctors surveyed prescribe eight of the ten brands covered in the report. Nearly all doctors prescribe the top two brands.
- Half of brands benefit from barriers: But the most prescribed brand benefits the most, with a barrier-related gain three times as high as any competitor’s.
- Market access is the #1 issue: Barriers related to market access affect nearly as many prescriptions as all other barriers combined.
- Excellent brand awareness and perception: Nearly all doctors surveyed are aware of the brands covered, and most of them are willing to consider brands they don’t currently prescribe.
- Clear market loser: More doctors experience barriers with one brand in particular. Not surprisingly, that brand is least prescribed, and sees a net share loss to all of the others.
Insight into 10 Major MS Drugs
- Aubagio (teriflunomide; Genzyme)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Betaferon (interferon beta-1b; Bayer)
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
- Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Genzyme)
- Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Rebif (interferon beta-1a; Merck Group)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
- Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
Paragraph>Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: MS explores key issues affecting MS drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US neurologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with MS in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between July 7th and 13th, 2016.
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed. About FirstWord
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.