Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (EU5) 2018
Market barriers affect 21 percent of haemophilia A prescriptions in Europe. Is your brand losing out?
Market barriers are affecting 1 in 5 of all haemophilia A prescriptions in Europe, and certain brands are losing on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 haematologists, the report covers 13 major therapies from Shire, SOB, Grifols, Bioverativ, CSL Behring, Bayer, Novo Nordisk, Roche, Octapharma and Pfizer. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Not your market?
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 13 Haemophilia A Treatments
- Barriers affect 21 percent of all prescriptions. As a result, some brands are losing out on market share opportunities. Is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Six brands see share increases, but one brand leads the way. Is this lead too big for the chasing pack to overcome?
- Is your brand leading, or are you in the chasing pack?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Perhaps due to limited prescribing, but other issues could be at play. What are these issues, and what can be done about them?
- Eliminating barriers would close the gap mid-table. Changes at the top and bottom of the table won’t be seen if barriers are eliminated; not so mid-table, where changes would be significant for some brands.
- Perception is not the problem. But perhaps a willingness to use is? Between 4-17 percent of physicians would not consider using some of the brands; where does your brand sit in the mix?
Exploring Market Access Barriers
- Advate (rurioctocog alfa; Shire)
- Fanhdi (factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrate; Grifols)
- Elocta (efmoroctocog alfa; Swedish Orphan Biovitrum)
- Feiba (Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex; Shire)
- Hemlibra (emicizumab-kxwh; Roche)
- Haemate-P (Antihemophilic Factor/von Willebrand Factor Complex [human]; CSL Behring)
- Helixate NexGen (octocog alfa; CSL Behring)
- Kovaltry (octocog alfa; Bayer)
- Kogenate Bayer (octocog alfa; Bayer)
- NovoEight (turoctocog alfa; Novo Nordisk)
- Nuwiq (simoctocog alfa; Octapharma)
- ReFacto AF (moroctocog alfa; Pfizer)
- Octanate (purified factor VIII concentrate; Octapharma)
Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (EU5) explores key issues affecting haemophilia A drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:How barriers affect market access:
How barriers affect your brand:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 150 haematologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:All respondents:
We conducted the survey between May 3-15, 2018.About FirstWord
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with haemophilia A in total in the last month
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.