Market Access Impact (EU5) [Haemophilia A]
Losing share to competitors? Understanding market barriers can help close the gap
Haemophilia A treatment is a highly competitive market in the EU5 countries, where market shares for several of the brands we surveyed are very close. Understanding the market barriers that prevent doctors from prescribing your brand is essential if you want to build a lasting competitive advantage.
Learn how 7 barriers affect your market share, see who you take share from, and who gets your lost share in Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (EU5).
Based on a survey of 150 haematologists, the report covers 9 major therapies from Bayer, CSL Behring, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer, Shire, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum.
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 9 Major Haemophilia A Drugs
- The barrier effect is split evenly: 4 of the surveyed brands lose share because of barriers, 4 others gain, and one brand breaks even.
- Not all brands are widely prescribed: Most brands are prescribed by less than 70% of doctors. However, most doctors are willing to consider brands they don’t prescribe.
- One brand can’t catch a break: The 4th place brand loses share to every other surveyed brand because of barriers.
- Barriers affect the market equally: Each of the 7 surveyed barriers affects roughly the same number of prescriptions.
- Barriers aren’t a problem for all doctors all the time: For the most part, fewer than 20% of doctors experience any one barrier with a given brand.
- Patient preferences are a huge problem for one brand: Nearly 20% of doctors experience cost barriers with this brand; 10% more than any competitor.
- Advate (octocog alfa; Antihemophilic Factor [human]; Shire)
- Elocta (efmoroctocog alfa; Swedish Orphan Biovitrum)
- Feiba (Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex; Shire)
- Haemate-P (Antihemophilic Factor/von Willebrand Factor Complex [human]; CSL Behring)
- Helixate NexGen (octocog alfa; CSL Behring)
- Kogenate Bayer (octocog alfa; Bayer)
- NovoEight (turoctocog alfa; Novo Nordisk)
- Octanate (purified factor VIII concentrate; Octapharma)
- ReFacto AF (moroctocog alfa; Pfizer)
Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (EU5) explores key issues affecting drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 medical haematologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with haemophilia A in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between May 2nd and 10th, 2017.
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.