Market Access Impact: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (EU5) 2018
Market barriers affect nearly 20 percent of CLL prescriptions in Europe. Is your brand losing out?
Market barriers affect nearly a fifth of all prescriptions for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) treatments in Europe, and certain brands are losing out on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: CLL (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 European medical oncologists and hemato-oncologists from the leading EU5 markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), the report covers 8 major therapies from Novartis, Roche, AbbVie, Gilead and Celltrion. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Interested in the US market?
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 8 Major CLL Treatments
- Barriers affect just under a fifth of all prescriptions. Small, perhaps, but brands are still losing out on market share opportunities because of them. Is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- One brand sees a robust share increase. Is this lead too big for the chasing pack to overcome? Is your brand leading, or are you in the chasing pack?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Could market share losses be due to low prescribing rates, or is some other market dynamic at play? And perhaps most importantly, can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would have limited impact. Due to the overall barrier impact being 20 percent, eliminating barriers would have limited impact on market share performance.
Exploring Market Access Barriers
- Arzerra (ofatumumab; Novartis)
- Gazyvaro (obinutuzumab; Roche)
- Imbruvica (ibrutinib; AbbVie/Janssen Cilag)
- MabThera (rituximab, Biogen/Genentech)
- Venclyxto (venetoclax; AbbVie/Roche)
- Zydelig (idelalisib; Gilead)
- Rixathon (rituximab/GP2013; Sandoz)
- Truxima (rituximab/CT-P10; Celltrion/Napp/Mundipharma)
Market Access Impact: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (US)  explores key issues affecting CLL drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:How barriers affect market access:
How barriers affect your brand:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 150 medical oncologists and haematologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:All respondents:
We conducted the survey between May 3-11, 2018.About FirstWord
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with CLL in total in the last month
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.