Beer, Wine & Distilled Spirits Wholesalers
Brief Excerpt from Industry Overview Chapter:
Companies in this industry distribute beer, ale, wine, and distilled spirits on a wholesale basis. Major companies include Breakthru Beverage Group, Johnson Brothers, Reyes Holdings, RNDC, and Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits (all based in the US); as well as Brindco (India), C&C Group (Ireland), Eastern Empire Distributing Co (China), Endeavour Group (Australia), and Nihon Shurui Hanbai (Japan).
Beer, wine, and spirits wholesalers are adapting to regulatory changes in several US states that have made it easier for beverage manufacturers to sell directly to retailers and individual consumers. Online sales and direct shipping are now permitted in some areas, and on-demand alcohol delivery services have further blurred the lines of the three-tier system that props up the industry. To compete effectively, distributors must avoid being bypassed by their suppliers while also updating their product mixes to align with evolving consumer tastes.
PRODUCTS, OPERATIONS & TECHNOLOGY
Major products are beer, wine, and distilled spirits although distributors tend to specialize in either beer or wine and spirits. Nearly 60% of overall industry revenue comes from the sale of wine and other alcoholic beverage. On the other hand, more than 40% of revenue comes from beer.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook