Wound Care in Venezuela
Scarcity of products in this category is particularly severe since it is traditionally dominated by multinational companies. Contacts in the industry stated that while many private clinics and hospitals used to count on pharmacies and parapharmacies if they ran out of bandages, gauze and even masks or some surgical materials, in 2016 and 2017 that reliance was over. According to sources, only 5-10% of the market needs are satisfied in Venezuela in 2017.
Euromonitor International's Wound Care in Venezuela report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: First Aid Kits, Gauze, Tape and Other Wound Care, Sticking Plasters/Adhesive Bandages.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Wound Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WOUND CARE IN VENEZUELA
- Euromonitor International
- November 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Scarcity of Products in An Underdeveloped Category
- Alliances With Foreign Wholesalers Forged To Increase Product Supply
- Consumer Knowledge of Gauze/tape Is Weak, As Are Marketing Activities
- Competitive Landscape
- Bsn Medical Venezuela Continues To Lead
- Actimed International Enters End Consumer Market
- Private Label Not Present
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Shortages of Medicines Approach Humanitarian Crisis Levels
- Negative Growth Rates Continue To Limit Supply in 2017
- Multinational Players Are Largely Absent in 2017
- Drugstores/parapharmacies Lead Retail Distribution
- Future Performance Hinges on Macroeconomic and Industrial Policies
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources