Wound Care in South Africa
Wound care is a mature category in South Africa, with these products not being purchased particularly frequently. Middle- and higher-income groups consider wound care products as essential items in first aid kits, while lower-income groups only buy such items when it is absolutely necessary, often purchasing economy brands. If wounds require more specialist bandages, they will go to a public hospital for free treatment. Sticking plasters/adhesive bandages remained by far the biggest category as...
Euromonitor International's Wound Care in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: First Aid Kits, Gauze, Tape and Other Wound Care, Sticking Plasters/Adhesive Bandages.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Wound Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WOUND CARE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Highly Concentrated and Mature Category Offers Limited Prospects for Growth
- Private Label Players Introduce Similar Products To Established Players But at Lower Price Points
- Competitive Landscape
- Beiersdorf Maintains Its Leading Position
- Private Label Benefits From Price-sensitive Consumers Looking for Cheaper Alternatives
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Self-medication and Challenging Economic Climate Impact Growth
- Uncertainty Persists Surrounding Amendments To the Complementary and Alternative Medicines (cams) Act
- Adcock Ingram Maintains Its Leading Position in A Fragmented Industry
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Leading Distribution Channel
- Health and Wellness and Self-medication Trends Open Up New Opportunities for Consumer Health Players
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources