Wound Care in Portugal
Wound care saw a significant downturn in demand in 2020 as Portugal went into lockdown due to COVID-19. The category already had a high level of penetration in Portugal and therefore in 2021 and 2022 some Portuguese consumers were still using stock they already had at home and did not use during the months impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Therefore, there was still room for growth in 2023. Aside from the end of the pandemic, sales in 2023 have also benefited from the increase in tourism activi...
Euromonitor International's Wound Care in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2018-2022, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2027 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: First Aid Kits, Gauze, Tape and Other Wound Care, Sticking Plasters/Adhesive Bandages.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Wound Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Wound Care in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- September 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- WOUND CARE IN PORTUGAL
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2023 DEVELOPMENTS
- Uptick in sport and leisure activities driving demand for wound care
- Private label strengthens its position against a backdrop of economic uncertainty
- Lack of innovation limits stronger growth
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Growth expected to slow due to category maturity
- Price sensitivity likely to remain high as the impact of inflation continues to be felt
- Brands will need to innovate to compete with private label
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2019-2023
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2020-2023
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2023-2028
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2023-2028
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN PORTUGAL
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2023: The big picture
- 2023 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2018-2023
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2018-2023
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2023
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2020-2023
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2023
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2023-2028
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2023-2028
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2022-2023
- Summary 2 Research Sources