Wound Care in Portugal
Wound care registered positive growth in current value terms in 2022, with sales recovering fully from 2020’s pandemic-induced decline. Growth was boosted by a return to normal lifestyles and the reopening of schools, following the end of COVID restrictions. Participation in sport, exercise and other outdoor activity resumed fully in 2022, increasing the risk of injury and a subsequent need for wound care products. Sticking plasters/adhesive bandages accounted for the bulk of retail value sales,...
Euromonitor International's Wound Care in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: First Aid Kits, Gauze, Tape and Other Wound Care, Sticking Plasters/Adhesive Bandages.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Wound Care market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Wound Care in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- WOUND CARE IN PORTUGAL
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Strong growth in 2022, encouraged by a return to active lifestyles
- Lack of innovation restricts growth
- Private label gains ground in an uncertain economic environment
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Enduring interest in outdoor activities to sustain steady growth
- Casual dress codes and investment in footwear design could contribute to fewer injuries
- Greater innovation expected from the leading players
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Wound Care: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Wound Care by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN PORTUGAL
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources