Weight Management and Wellbeing in Venezuela
For a third year in a row, this category exhibits negative growth in all areas. In 2017, Venezuela is suffering from severe shortages of food, which have caused an unwanted and unplanned average weight loss of more than eight kilograms per capita, according to a Survey of Life Conditions. The obesity trend has been suddenly reversed in a turn of events that is reaching humanitarian crisis levels. Under these circumstances, the consumer base of weight management products has been reduced to a nic...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Venezuela report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN VENEZUELA
- Euromonitor International
- November 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Further Decline Due To Food Shortages and High Prices
- Health and Wellness An Established Trend Amongst Higher Earners
- Affluent Venezuelans Will Continue To Consume Effective Slimming Products
- Competitive Landscape
- Direct-selling Brand, Herbalife, Leads Weight Management and Wellbeing
- Meal Replacement Companies Rank Second and Third
- Lower Average Unit Prices Benefit Meal Replacement Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Shortages of Medicines Approach Humanitarian Crisis Levels
- Negative Growth Rates Continue To Limit Supply in 2017
- Multinational Players Are Largely Absent in 2017
- Drugstores/parapharmacies Lead Retail Distribution
- Future Performance Hinges on Macroeconomic and Industrial Policies
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources