Weight Management and Wellbeing in Uruguay
Overweight and obesity are still key concerns in Uruguay, and that concern was reflected in higher sales of weight management and wellbeing products in the country in 2019. Supplement nutrition drinks, weight loss supplements and meal replacement all saw double-digit value growth over the year, and slimming teas gained traction as well. According to a recent study carried out by specialists in the region, 19% of Uruguay’s young population are overweight and 8% are obese. A study of over 500 peop...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Weight Management and Wellbeing in Uruguay
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Uruguay's High Percentage of Young People at Risk of Incurring Heart Disease Due To Weight Issues Boosts Demand for Weight Management and Wellbeing
- Rising Percentage of Older Uruguayans Prompts Producers To Focus on Catering To Their Needs, With Supplement Nutrition Drinks Especially Benefiting
- Weight Management Products Are Expected To Rise in Tandem With Efforts To Alleviate Obesity Through Better Diets and More Exercise
- Competitive Landscape
- Themed Heading 1
- Leading Player Abbott Laboratorios Gains Share in Supplement Nutrition Drinks, But New And/or Smaller Players Are Aggressively Competing
- Direct Sellers Is Rapidly Gaining Ground From Store-based Players in This Category
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Improving Economy Reflected in Higher Value Growth
- OTC Relatively Undeveloped in Uruguay, As Health Ministry Has Stricter Regulations Than in Other Countries Such As Neighbouring Argentina
- While Domestic Companies Struggle To Compete With Multinational Players, Consumer Trust and Government-backed Mega Pharma Support Their Development
- Chemists/pharmacies Continues To Lose Ground To Non-store Channels and Vitamins and Dietary Specialists
- Consumer Healthcare Is Set To See Significantly Higher Growth in Most Categories Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources