Weight Management and Wellbeing in South Africa
Excess weight has for a long time been associated with beauty, wealth and health in some local cultures. While female curves have been seen as a sign of health and beauty, slim people have traditionally been perceived in some cultures as being sick or suffering from highly stigmatised diseases such as HIV/Aids. However, social media and celebrities are helping to change perceptions surrounding weight in Africa. Social media in particular is helping to strengthen the idea that slim is beautiful,...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Category Benefits From Changing Attitudes Towards Weight and the Government Taking A Strong Stance on Obesity
- Highly Publicised Court Cases Surrounding Weight Loss Products Play A Role in Informing Consumers
- Competitive Landscape
- Herbalife Maintains Its Leading Position
- Herbex Seeks To Build Stronger Relationships With Consumers
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Self-medication and Challenging Economic Climate Impact Growth
- Uncertainty Persists Surrounding Amendments To the Complementary and Alternative Medicines (cams) Act
- Adcock Ingram Maintains Its Leading Position in A Fragmented Industry
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Leading Distribution Channel
- Health and Wellness and Self-medication Trends Open Up New Opportunities for Consumer Health Players
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources