Weight Management and Wellbeing in Portugal
According to the Portuguese Society for the Study of Obesity, some 22% of the Portuguese population was obese in 2018. In addition, according to the World Health Organisation, Portugal is one of five countries with the highest rate of obesity among teenagers. This is linked to sedentary lifestyles and a shift away from home prepared fresh food and has raised growing concerns among the Portuguese population. Consumers are aware that, aside from having a negative impact on physical activity and ps...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN PORTUGAL
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Rising Obesity Levels Expected To Boost Sales
- Increasing Consumer Health and Wellness Awareness
- Relaxation of Regulation Expected Over Forecast Period
- Competitive Landscape
- Herbalife Continues To Lead Weight Management
- New Product Development Key To Attracting Consumers
- Theralab Acquired by Uriach
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Continues To Post Value Growth in Portugal
- Proactivity and Self-medication Drive Consumer Health
- Consumer Health Remains Highly Fragmented
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains Leading Retail Channel Due To Strong Consumer Trust
- Consumer Health Sales Expected To Rise More Slowly
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources