Weight Management and Wellbeing in Italy
There are growing concerns about the impact of the proportion of the Italian population that is overweight and obese. According to Adi, the Italian Association of Dietary and Nutrition Clinics, the population that is overweight amounted to 21 million, whilst the population suffering from obesity reached six million, in 2016, with the Southern regions such as Molise, Abruzzo and Puglia recording higher rates of obesity. These figures are set to rise in the forecast period. Aside from having a neg...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Italy report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN ITALY
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Obesity and Being Overweight Are Growing Concerns in Italy
- Italian Government To Act on These Concerns
- Italians Looking for Concrete Results
- Competitive Landscape
- Herbalife Continues To Lead A Fragmented Category
- Nutrition & Santé Ranks Second
- GlaxoSmithKline the Only Player in OTC Obesity
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Solid Growth for Consumer Health in Italy
- Ageing Consumers Keen To Invest in Health and Prevention
- Key Acquisitions Shape New Company Rankings in 2017
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Main Channel Thanks To Strong Consumer Trust
- Increasingly Sophisticated Italian Consumers Seek More Natural Products
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources