Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland
In keeping with the negative trend observed throughout the review period, the meal replacement and weight loss supplements categories are projected to contract in volume terms in 2022. Irish consumers have become increasingly sceptical about the marketing claims made for these product types in recent years, while the growing perception that they often contain unhealthy ingredients and can have unpleasant or even harmful side effects has further weakened their appeal. Together with the wider tren...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2017-2021, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2026 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland
- Euromonitor International
- September 2022
- List Of Contents And Tables
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN IRELAND
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2022 DEVELOPMENTS
- Demand for meal replacement products and weight loss supplements continues to fall
- Supplement nutrition drinks is the best performing category
- Aspirational appeal among young women buoys demand for slimming teas
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Declining trend in meal replacement and weight loss supplements volume sales will persist
- Supplement nutrition drinks and slimming teas will continue to benefit from natural image
- Growing popularity of surgical interventions poses further threat to demand
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN IRELAND
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2022: The big picture
- 2022 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2017-2022
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2019-2022
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2022-2027
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2022-2027
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources