Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland
Weight management and wellbeing continued to suffer declining demand in Ireland in 2019, despite ongoing obesity issues in the country. While there is greater awareness of this serious issue, there remains an overall reliance on convenience foods such as ready meals and snacks that are high in sugar. However, many Irish consumers are beginning to turn away from the quick fix solutions of the past with the largest categories within weight management, meal replacement and weight loss supplements,...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Weight Management and Wellbeing in Ireland
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Consumers Continue To Turn Away From Quick Fix Solutions To Weight Management
- Slimming Teas Bucks Declining Trend Due To Drastic Unit Price Declines
- Sports Nutrition Bars Offer Alternative On-the-go Consumption
- Competitive Landscape
- Slim Fast Retains Leadership But Continues To Suffer Share Loss
- Direct Selling Companies Begin To Lose Ground
- Slimatee Retains Leadership of Highly Fragmented Landscape of Slimming Teas
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ongoing Stable Demand for Consumer Health in Ireland Supported by Polarised Consumer Groups
- Growing Interest in Vegetarian and Vegan Lifestyles Supports Demand for Alternative Sources of Protein
- Global Players Continue To Lead Consumer Health
- Internet Retailing Continues To Gain Ground As Distribution Channel
- Positive Performance for Consumer Health Predicted Although Several Negative Factors Could Impact Demand for Certain Products
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources