Weight Management and Wellbeing in Dominican Republic
With almost two thirds (63%) of the population of the Dominican Republic being overweight or obese, this offers a large potential segment of consumers to target with weight management and wellbeing products. While 34% of the population is classified as being overweight, 29% is classified as obese. Some supermarkets have designated “wellbeing” areas or stands in their stores where this type of product can be easily found. Although this is still not a practice adopted by all supermarkets, where it...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Dominican Republic report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Weight Management and Wellbeing in Dominican Republic
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Potential for Weight Management Products Should Be High With Two Thirds of Dominicans Being Overweight Or Obese
- Meal Replacement the Most Dynamic Area of Weight Management and Wellbeing
- Supplement Nutrition Drinks Reaching New Consumers
- Competitive Landscape
- Leaders Abbott Laboratories and Herbalife Account for Almost Half of Total Value Sales
- Glucerna and Enterex Dbt Compete in Supplement Nutrition Drinks for Diabetics
- No Major Presence of Generics Or Private Label Lines
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Sales of Consumer Health Products Continue To Post Steady Growth
- Healthier Lifestyles Continue To Shape Some Consumer Health Category Performances
- No Major Changes in the Competitive Environment
- Despite Growth in Other Channels, Drugstores/parapharmacies Still Leads Distribution
- Consumer Health To Continue Growing Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources