Weight Management and Wellbeing in Canada
Weight management and wellbeing is driven by the ageing population and by ongoing healthy lifestyle trends. Supported by the nutritional needs of the ageing population, supplement nutrition drinks posted the fastest retail value growth in 2018. One of the biggest health considerations is age-related muscle loss (sarcopenia) which is a natural part of the ageing process and causes muscle loss of 3% to 5% per decade after the age of 30. In order to maintain healthy body weight and adequate nutriti...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND WELLBEING IN CANADA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Ageing Population Continues To Drive Supplement Nutrition Drinks
- Increasing Obesity Fails To Drive Growth in Weight Management and Wellbeing
- Connected Consumers Taking Control of Health and Wellbeing
- Competitive Landscape
- Abbott Laboratories Continues To Lead Sales in Canada
- Brands Dominate Competitive Landscape
- Weight Loss Supplements Faces Headwinds
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Mature Categories Shaped by Ageing Population Embracing Wellness and Self-care
- 2018 Delivers Mix of Category Dependent Growth Ranging From Static To Dynamic
- Landscape for Consumer Health Remains Fragmented and Competitive
- Pharmacy Industry Consolidates While OTC E-commerce Remains Largely Untapped
- Short-term Uncertainty Ahead As perfect Storm of Regulatory Changes Looms Large
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine Care
- Summary 1 Research Sources