Weight Management and Wellbeing in Belgium
The longer-term outlook for the category is not optimistic, according to many players. Many Belgian, especially Flemish, consumers, believe it is cheaper and healthier to control their weight by eating healthily, particularly home-cooked meals, rather than use meal replacement products, for example. As a result, sales of weight management and wellbeing are falling sharply in chemists/pharmacies and supermarkets, and more slowly in drugstores/parapharmacies, in 2019. In addition, the slowing obes...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Belgium report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Weight Management and Wellbeing in Belgium
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Healthy Eating Habit Undermines Growth in 2019
- Weight Loss Supplements Faces High Scrutiny From Esfa and Nutritionists
- Diversity of Pathologies Support Demand for Supplement Nutrition Drinks
- Competitive Landscape
- Omega Pharma's Challenge Suffers As Yokebe Fails and Xl-s Declines
- Medical and Advertising Support Helps New Xtraslim 700 Make A Splash
- Elimin Turn & Go Leverages Convenience and Health Claims To Grow Value Sales
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Lifestyles and Milder Climate Inform the Variable Performance of Consumer Health
- Herbal and More Natural Options Gain Ground on Previous Growth Drivers
- Flexible Approach Sees Local and Smaller Foreign Players Pressure Ethical Multinationals
- Progressive De-regulation Leaves Room for Wider Distribution
- Signs of Dynamism Set To Push Value Growth Despite Legislative Restrictions
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources