Weight Management in Iran
Obesity is becoming a serious issue in Iran and the rate of obesity has been growing at a very fast pace in recent years. While 26.3% of the Iranian population were obese in 2008, including 39.5% of women and 14.5% of men, the Ministry of health recently announced that this proportion had grown to more than 50% by the end of 2015. The main reason for this rapid growth in obesity in the country is the rapid change being seen in lifestyles, even among those living in rural areas, which has...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management in Iran report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2011-2015, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2020 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement Slimming, OTC Obesity, Other Slimming Products, Slimming Teas, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT IN IRAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2016
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Competitive Landscape
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Poura Teb Medical & Pharmaceutical Co in Consumer Health (iran)
- Strategic Direction
- Key Facts
- Summary 1 Poura Teb Medical and Pharmaceutical Co: Key Facts
- Competitive Positioning
- Summary 2 Poura Teb Medical and Pharmaceutical Co: Competitive Position 2015
- Executive Summary
- Strong Growth Is Based on Rising Awareness and the Low Base Sales Are Rising From
- More Stable Unit Prices Fuel Volume Growth in 2015
- OTC Remains Under the Dominance of Domestic Suppliers, While Multinational Brands Lead in Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
- OTC Distribution Is Mainly Limited To Chemists/pharmacies
- the Performance of the Industry Remains Dependent on the Political and Economic Situation
- Key Trends and Developments
- While Sales of OTC Medicines Remain Totally Under the Control of Domestic Manufacturers, Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Is Dominated by Multinational Brands
- Most Iranian Consumers Suffer From Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies, Especially Women
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2010-2015
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 3 Research Sources