Vitamins in Uruguay
Consumers in Uruguay have traditionally increased their intake of vitamin C prior to the winter as a preventive measure against the common cold; this practice has become more widespread. However, increasing numbers of Uruguayan consumers have begun to replace vitamin C with multivitamins, as they gain the additional benefits of the extra vitamins and minerals commonly included in these products. Consequently, multivitamins was both the biggest category in terms of value sales and the most dynami...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in Uruguay report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VITAMINS IN URUGUAY
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Rising Awareness of the Beneficial Effects of Vitamins Raises Consumption
- Doctors and the Press Spread the Word About the Benefits of Vitamin D
- No Legislation in Place That Could Negatively Impact Sales
- Competitive Landscape
- Bayer SA Uruguay Continues To Lead Vitamins
- Sanofi-aventis Uruguay Provides Competition for Bayer
- Vitamins Remains Competitive
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Higher Economic Activity and Rising Prices Boost Value Sales
- Analgesics Remains the Biggest Category in 2018
- Multinational Companies Continue To Lead Consumer Health
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Main Distribution Channel
- the Expected Economic Upturn Anticipates Higher Sales in Consumer Health
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources