Vitamins in the United Kingdom
Gummy multivitamins have long been a staple in paediatric vitamins and dietary supplements. However, the introduction into the UK of Centrum Multigummies for adults in January 2018 changed the stagnant vitamins landscape. Boots estimates that 40% of Centrum’s existing customer base were attracted to the company with this product launch. Vitamins has long struggled with a lack of format innovation, as adults who struggle to swallow pills were largely excluded. Effervescent tablets like Berocca ha...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VITAMINS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Format Innovation Freshens Up A Stale Category
- Convenience Trumps Other Factors on the Path To Purchase
- Veganism Boosts Sales of Single Vitamins
- Competitive Landscape
- Vitamins Are Part of the Weekly Food Shop, Edging Out Health and Drug Stores
- Consumers Torn Between Convenient Multivitamins and Personalised Single Combinations
- natural Appeal Catches Holland & Barrett Up To Boots
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Focus Shifts Further Towards Healthy Living, Natural Remedies and Mental Health
- Focus on Prevention Rather Than Curative Products Drives Herbal Sales in the Pursuit of Healthy Living
- Fickle Customers Heighten the Threat of Private Label To Established Players
- Pharmacies Struggle To Remain Relevant As Supermarkets Rule
- Nhs Cost-cutting Expected To Boost OTC Sales As Brexit Looms in the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources