Vitamins in the Netherlands
Vitamins continued to experience stagnating demand in 2019 with low current value growth, due to the rising presence of private label, particularly within single vitamins. However, to create interest amongst the local population, major players attempted to add value by targeting specific consumer groups through segmentation such as men, women, children, athletes and older citizens. The latter group is helping to support strong demand for vitamin D, which was the most dynamic performer in the cat...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in Netherlands report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Vitamins in the Netherlands
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Strong Demand for Vitamin D, No Longer Covered by Basic Health Insurance
- Increasing Segmentation To Attract Specific Consumer Groups and Drive Value Growth
- Concerns Over High Levels of Vitamin B6 Call for Stricter Regulation
- Competitive Landscape
- Omega Pharma Retains Leadership But Loses Ground in Multivitamins To More Dynamic Players
- Procter & Gamble's Aggressive Marketing of Swisse Leads To Greater Share Gain
- Online Player Body & Fit Records Strongest Performance in Value Terms
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Rising Disposable Incomes and Higher Vat Leads To Stable Current Value Growth for Consumer Health
- Some Products Removed From Basic Health Insurance As Government Encourages Self-care Amongst Local Population
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Takes Over Leadership of Consumer Health, Now Representing Former Pfizer Brands
- Internet Retailing Continues To Rapidly Gain Share Supported by Increasing Popularity of Online Players
- Marginally Stronger Value Performance Predicted for Consumer Health
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources