Vitamins in Japan
Vitamin C remained by far the largest area of single vitamins at the end of the review period, with the category seeing growth constrained by its relative maturity and the general consumer preference for multivitamins. Moreover, vitamin C, like vitamin E, is often included in other dietary supplements, drinks and foods. Indeed, drinks which include vitamin C, such as green tea, are amongst the most popular drinks in Japan, and have been consumed historically. As a result, consumers are often rel...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Vitamins in Japan
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Vitamin C Benefits From Skin Care Association, But Trend Expected To Be Short-lived
- Multivitamins' Range of Benefits Helps It To Outperform Single Vitamins
- Private Labels Gaining Share in Vitamins
- Competitive Landscape
- Amway Retains the Lead, While Takeda's OTC Presence Proves Disadvantageous
- Functional Foods Represent A Growing Threat
- Gummy Formats Help To Differentiate Vitamins From Medication
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Shift in Consumer Attitudes Having A Variable Impact Across Consumer Health
- Growing Focus on Personalisation
- Changing Demand Trends Complicating the Competitive Environment
- Drugstores/parapharmacies and Internet Retailing Register Increasing Share of Sales
- Healthy Living Trends Set To Drive Growth
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventative Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources