Vitamins in Japan
Multivitamins continued to outperform single vitamins in current value terms in 2018, due to the convenience of taking various types of nutrition at once; in fact, single vitamins saw a continued decline. In the forecast period, multivitamins will continue to have an advantage over single vitamins, due to efficient nutritional intake and comprehensive efficacy. Some single vitamins are expected to continue to face severe competition from fortified foods and drinks, which could become a replaceme...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VITAMINS IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Growth in Multivitamins Continues To Outperform Growth in Single Vitamins
- Vitamins C and E Fail To Achieve Growth
- Spotlight on Vitamins B and D Due To the Popularisation of Fertility Therapy
- Competitive Landscape
- Takeda Consumer Healthcare Continues To Lead
- Uha Mikakuto Extends Its Gummy Confectionery Into Vitamins
- the Gummy Format Eases the Intake of Vitamins
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- the Healthy Living Mindset Spreads, Leading To Growth in Sports Nutrition
- Disappointing Impact of the New Tax System on OTC Products
- Players Offering Switched OTC Products Enjoy Growth
- Internet Retailing Rises, Whilst Drugstores/parapharmacies Continues To Lead
- Continued Growth Is Expected, As Consumers' Health Concerns Rise
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources