Vitamins in Australia
Demand from Chinese consumers continued to heavily influence sales of vitamins in 2019 as moderate growth was registered across the category. However, recent changes to Australia’s cross-border e-commerce regulations have had a negative impact on sales of vitamins as new requirements for daigou shoppers have deterred many of these crucial consumers from operating in the country. Daigou shopping emerged as a major trend in Australia in 2015, with demand for Australian products among Chinese consu...
Euromonitor International's Vitamins in Australia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Multivitamins, Single Vitamins.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Vitamins market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Vitamins in Australia
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Chinese Consumers Remain Highly Influential in A Moderately Growing Category
- Media Reports Questioning the Efficacy of Vitamins Continue To Suppress Sales
- Limited Innovation As Companies and Brands Continue To Focus on Their Core Products
- Competitive Landscape
- Swisse Wellness Maintains Its Leading Position Through Innovation and New Launches
- Celebrity Endorsements Remain A Popular Marketing Strategy in Vitamins
- New Entrants Likely To Continue Being Seen in Vitamins During the Forecast Period
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Multivitamins by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Vitamins: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Vitamins by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Positive Growth in Consumer Health As Rising Spending and Stressful Lifestyles Underpin Demand
- Maturity in Various Key Categories Continues To Suppress Sales Growth
- Strong Local Companies Vie With Major Multinational Pharma Players for Leadership
- Few Changes Seen As Retail Distribution Remains Stable
- Positive Growth To Be Based on Population Growth, Rising Incomes and Innovation
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources