Video Games in Taiwan
Video games already dominates sales of toys and games in Taiwan with these products appealing to most age groups and spanning multiple platforms and the category is set to increase its dominance over the forecast period. Video games was impacted slightly by the decision of Nintendo and Sony to cease production of their hand-held consoles, while AR/VR headsets fell out of public focus due to a lack of new products in 2018. In contrast, video games software registered significantly higher value gr...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Taiwan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in Taiwan
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Video Games Software Thrives As Consumers Increasingly Go Online in Search of Entertainment
- Players Invest in Advertising To Drive Sales of Video Games Software
- Consumers Lose Interest in Ar/vr Headsets Due To Limitations
- Competitive Landscape
- Sony Retains Lead But Faces Challenges As It Ceases Production of Sony Playstation Vita
- Nintendo Switch Continues To Win Fans Backed by New Game Launches
- Activision Expands Local Presence With New Gaming Arena Experience
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Video Games Go Digital and Mobile While Traditional Toys and Games Benefit From Traditional Appeal
- Declining Child Population Forces Companies To Rethink Their Audience
- Sony and Nintendo's Decision To Exit Hand-held Consoles Alters the Competitive Landscape
- Internet Retailing Benefits From Shift To Video Games (digital) While Toys r US Remains Under A Cloud
- Playstation 5, Xbox Two and the Rise and Rise of Mobile Games
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources