Video Games in Switzerland
The sales of video games are very closely connected with the launch of new consoles. Sony released the PlayStation 4 Pro in 2016, Microsoft launched the Xbox One S in 2016 and Xbox One X in 2017, all with 4K gaming capabilities. While PlayStation 4 saw a decline in both volume and retail value sales in Switzerland in 2017, Xbox One recorded positive growth. However, the most successful static console was the Nintendo Switch, which was launched in March 2017. The console offers high flexibility a...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Switzerland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN SWITZERLAND
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Launch of New Static Consoles Propels Growth in Video Games
- Digital Gaming Grows Fast at the Expense of Physical Game Software
- Gaming Accessories Lose Ground
- Competitive Landscape
- Nintendo Sees Strongest Current Retail Value Growth
- Electronic Arts GmbH and Activision Blizzard Switzerland GmbH Lead Video Games Software Sales
- Local Video Games Level Up
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Toys and Games Performs Well in 2017
- Fidget Spinner and Nintendo Switch the Winners in Toys and Games
- Nintendo of Europe Jumps To Second Position in Toys and Games
- Internet Retailing Continues To Grow
- Toys and Games Set To Grow at A Slower Pace
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources