Video Games in South Africa
The debate between Xbox and PlayStation’s loyal consumers continues. Both brands aggressively promote their products by including several games, online subscription and membership deals, and other special offers in retail stores and on e-commerce sites. Both consoles boast technological innovation such as 4K compatibilities and memory space from 500MB to 1GB. Consumers are increasingly monitoring pricing cycles as they have easy access to price details across the various retailers and channels w...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Gaming Console Range Offers Brand-loyal Consumers Options and Add-ons
- Mobile Games Grows As Smartphone Penetration Continues To Jump
- Innovation Merging Toys, Media and Augmented/virtual Reality (ar/vr) Bodes Well
- Competitive Landscape
- Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts Solidify Their Leading Position
- E-sports Set To Make A Breakthrough As Major Partners Come on Board
- Double-digit Growth for All In-game Purchases Categories
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Brand Value and Reinvention Crucial for Continued Growth of Toys and Games Industry in South Africa
- Toys and Games Industry Continues To Grow Despite Local Economic Challenges
- Innovation and Cross-industry Convergence Reflect Positive Sentiments
- Price Comparisons Encouraging for Online Retailing Channel
- Reinvention Is Key To Remaining Relevant
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources