Video Games in Russia
Video games experienced a much stronger performance in Russia in 2019 compared to traditional toys and games, with double-digit current value growth recorded by both video games hardware and video games software resulting in the category now holding the highest value share within the market at the end of the review period. Video games continues to benefit from a wider reach, attracting pre-teens (population aged 7-12 years) through to teenagers and adults, with the latter consumer group includin...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Russia report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in Russia
- Euromonitor International
- August 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- PRE-COVID-19 PERFORMANCE
- Video games increases penetration in Russia in 2019 and now holds higher value share than traditional toys and games
- E-sports and further digitalisation of video games software in 2019 continue to support penetration of gaming in Russia
- Smaller players continue to gain share from major multinationals in 2019 within an increasingly fragmented competitive environment
- 2020 AND BEYOND
- COVID-19 impact
- Affected products within video games
- Recovery and opportunities
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 8 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on toys and games
- COVID-19 country impact
- Video games now holds highest value share within the market in 2019, although STEM-related toys and games still attract local parents
- Multinational names continue to lead fragmented competitive environment in 2018 but price-sensitive consumers increasingly turn to more affordable local options
- Some level of normalisation in terms of growth to return from 2021 onwards but toys and games will still offer positive performance under context of increasing price sensitivity
- MARKET DATA
- Table 15 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 19 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources