Video Games in the Philippines
In 2017, static consoles saw the strongest current retail value growth in overall video games hardware thanks largely to the successful launch of the Nintendo Switch. Shortly after its launch, the Nintendo Switch overtook the Xbox One to become the number two brand in static consoles. The brand’s launch also propelled retail value growth in the category, which prior to that experienced slowing growth. Over the forecast period, static consoles is expected to register a negative retail value CAGR...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Philippines report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Consumers Respond Well To the Launch of Nintendo Switch in Static Consoles
- Video Games Software (digital) Posts Stronger Retail Value Growth Than Its Physical Counterpart
- Sale of Video Games Software on Mobile Platforms To Experience Strong Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Competitive Landscape
- Nintendo Co Ltd Experiences Strong Growth in Video Games Hardware
- Valve Corp Ranks First in Video Games Software
- Local Game Development Studios Benefit From Growth in Video Games Software
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Toys and Games Continues To Post Positive Growth
- Traditional Toys and Games Benefits From Interest in Licensed Properties While New Product Launches Drive Growth in Video Games
- International Brand Owners Continue To Lead Category
- Physical Stores Continue To Lead Distribution
- Toys and Games Industry Projected To See Positive Retail Value Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources