Video Games in the Netherlands
Video games software continued to hold the highest value share within video games, with digital console games continuing to be the strongest performer in 2018. New releases of popular games such as God of War and Red Dead Redemption, managed to create excitement amongst gamers, within a crowded landscape that included Call of Duty and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Although these titles are also available in the physical format, the increasing switch by Dutch consumers towards digital content is having a n...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Netherlands report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in the Netherlands
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Digital Console Games Continues To Be Strongest Performer Due To New Launches
- Mobile and Online Games Played on Devices Remain Popular With Both Children and Adults
- Ar/vr Headsets An Interesting Niche
- Competitive Landscape
- Mixed Results for Leading Players As Demand for Hand-held Consoles Wanes
- Smaller Players Have Strong Impact on Mobile and Online Gaming
- Latest Release From God of War Enthusiastically Greeted by Gamers
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Slower Growth for Toys and Games Due To Declining Consumer Confidence in the Economy
- Unboxing Trend Helps Drive Demand for Blind Collectibles
- Leading Players Lose Share in Highly Fragmented Competitive Landscape
- Internet Retailing Continues To Strengthen Leading Position in Distribution As Traditional Channels Suffer
- Slow But Stable Current Value Growth Predicted for Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources