Video Games in the Netherlands
Video games value sales increased impressively in 2017 thanks to the launch of the Nintendo Switch console. The console was well received amongst Dutch consumers, with the product sold not only in media products stores but also widely in traditional toys and games stores and electronic and appliances specialist stores in addition to internet retailing. The Nintendo Switch can be used both as a hand-held console and a static console. Whilst the Nintendo Switch had a positive effect overall, hand-...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Netherlands report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN THE NETHERLANDS
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- the Launch of Nintendo Switch Spurs Value Growth in Video Games
- Ar/vr Headsets Growing, But Not Yet Impressively
- Video Games Software Led by Console Game Sales
- Competitive Landscape
- Nintendo Benelux BV Records Strong Growth Thanks To the Success of the Nintendo Switch
- Leading Video Games Software Companies Lose Value Share To Up-and-coming Companies
- Strong Performance by Local Company Guerrilla BV Thanks To the Success of the Horizon Zero Dawn Game
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Another Successful Year for Toys and Games in 2017
- Launch of the Nintendo Switch Drives Overall Growth in Toys and Games, Whilst Hatchimals Top Traditional Toys and Games
- Leading Companies Dominate But Are Losing Share To Smaller Companies
- Internet Retailing Unstoppable As Strong Growth Is Recorded in 2017
- Toys and Games Expected To Post A Positive Performance
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources