Video Games in Japan
Nintendo Switch was behind the largest sales of video games in Japan ever witnessed in 2017. The static console was first launched in the market in March 2017 and made an instant impact on gaming accessories and console games, with the latter returning to growth for the first time in several years. Nintendo Switch offers a new gaming experience with multiple gaming formats as static consoles connected to a TV, hand-held consoles and as independent static consoles without the need for a TV connec...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Nintendo Switch Effect Set To Be Temporary
- Mobile Games Need Ignition To Stay Relevant
- Internet Retailing Remains the Dominant Distribution Channel
- Competitive Landscape
- Nintendo Retakes First Spot Thanks To the Popularity of Nintendo Switch
- Competition Intensifies in the Stagnant Mobile Games Category
- New Launches Boost Sales During 2017
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Toys and Games Continues To Grow in 2017
- Mega Hits on Toys and Games
- Bandai Namco Group Retains the Leading Position in Toys and Games
- Toys and Games Increasingly Purchased Via Non-traditional Toys and Games Stores
- Toys and Games Market Expected To Contract Over the Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources