Video Games in Italy
Video games registered further strong retail current value growth in 2019. With a large young and older consumer base for video games and the immaturity of the category in Italy compared with some EU markets, there remained significant room for development and growth. Italy has an estimated 16 million video gamers, with 10 million playing via smartphones and tablets. In addition, over one million gamers in Italy watch e-sports events multiple times during the week. Indeed, the average time spent...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Italy report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in Italy
- Euromonitor International
- August 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- PRE-COVID-19 PERFORMANCE
- Fast-growing passion for e-sports adds to the dynamism of video games in Italy
- Mobile games benefits from improving connectivity, game sophistication and product ranges
- PlayStation comes under pressure as mobile gaming grows in popularity
- 2020 AND BEYOND
- COVID-19 impact
- Affected products within video games
- Recovery and opportunities
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 8 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on toys and games
- COVID-19 country impact
- Lifestyles and connectivity and product improvements boost the development and growth of mobile gaming
- Nintendo taps into boom in mobile gaming to close gap in video games while Giochi Preziosi’s acquisition strategy erodes LEGO’s lead in traditional toys and games
- Video games set to drive value growth as Italy witnesses the further digitalisation of play and entertainment
- MARKET DATA
- Table 15 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 19 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources