Video Games in France
After the strong retail value performances of 2017 and 2018, growth is set to return to more normal rates over the course of the forecast period. The exceptional performance of Nintendo Switch drove growth of video games at the end of the review period, with games for the consul taking 10 of the top 20 positions. Nintendo Switch is perceived as a family console in France, with a wide variety of video games available with broad appeal. Further growth is expected for video games, albeit at lower r...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in France report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in France
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Value Growth To Decline Going Forward As the Impact of Nintendo Switch Weakens
- Digital and Mobile Video Games Outperform Physical
- Spectacular Growth of Ar/vr Headsets Over
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Thinking Key To Nintendo's Success
- Competition Intensifies With New Players and Game Titles
- Companies Widen Their Target Audiences With Innovative New Ideas
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Mixed Performances for Toys and Games in 2018 Due To Changing Demographics
- Two Major Retailers Enter Receivership
- Nintendo France Extends Its Lead Due To Innovation Amid Parents' Anti-device Stance
- Internet Retailing Flourishes, But Toy Shop Visits Are Still Important
- Growth Expected To Slow Due To Changing Demographics and Saturation
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources