Video Games in China
Growth slowed in video games software in 2018 due to a natural decline in old games and decreased retail sales of new games, which suffered from the temporary suspension of approval of games licences. China has one of the world’s most stringent approval processes for video games, and the suspension was thought to partly result from concerns about violence and gambling in some games. Approval was resumed early in 2019, so the outlook is more positive going into the forecast period.
Euromonitor International's Video Games in China report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in China
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Video Games Influenced by Regulatory Processes
- Trading Up in Ar/vr Headsets As Gamers Get Serious
- Nintendo Switch Thriving Despite Lack of Official Market Entry
- Competitive Landscape
- Capital Flowing Into Software Confirms It Is the Way Forward
- Increasing Investment in Esports To Widen Appeal and Improve Gamer-experience
- New Products Perform Well in Ar/vr Headsets
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Suspension of Approval for New Games Slows Down Growth
- Growing Focus on Immersion and Interactivity As Lines Between Traditional Toys and Video Games Blur
- Leading Players Looking To Strengthen Positions Through Partnerships and Store Openings
- Internet Retailing Dominates But Visits To Toy Shops Are Still Important
- Positive Outlook As Steam-positioned Toys Attract Attention
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources