Video Games in Canada
In 2017, video games hardware returned to growth thanks to the launch of new products. These included the PlayStation 4 Pro from Sony, which offers ultra-high resolution 4K clarity and stronger processing power. Its rival Microsoft, meanwhile, launched Xbox One S with an ultra HD Blu-ray drive for 4K movie playback. As the industry is banking on the growth of virtual reality, players are working towards adopting this evolving trend. While its rivals focused on a 4K experience, Nintendo headed in...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2013-2017, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- VIDEO GAMES IN CANADA
- Euromonitor International
- June 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- New Launches Help To Revive Video Games Hardware
- Canada Witnessing More Mobile Gaming Than Console Gaming
- Increased Competition From Digital Sales Driving the Decline of Physical Games
- Competitive Landscape
- Sony Remains the Leading Player in Video Games Hardware But Continues To Lose Share
- Sports Titles Help Electronic Arts To Maintain Its Leading Position in Video Games Software
- Innovation Helps Video Games Industry To Generate More Revenue
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Further Positive Growth for Toys and Games in 2017
- Unboxing Trend Helps Traditional Toys and Games To Grow
- International Manufacturers Continue To Lead Traditional Toys and Games
- Following the Bankruptcy of Toys r US Manufacturers Target Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Toys and Games Expected To Continue To Record Steady Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources