Video Games in Argentina
Despite the context of economic recession, the number of local gamers rose, and sales of video games increased in current value terms in 2018. This growth was driven by several factors other than inflation. The most important was the increase in the product offer, with new brands, models and games available. The opening up of imports in 2016 allowed the entry of new models of static consoles and more economic models of hand-held consoles. The new import policy notably allowed the launch of a PS4...
Euromonitor International's Video Games in Argentina report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Video Games Hardware, Video Games Software.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Video Games market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Video Games in Argentina
- Euromonitor International
- June 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Growth Seen Despite Recession Thanks To Widening Range and Expanding Gamer Population
- Currency Devaluation Impacts Sales and Company Strategies
- Move Towards Digital Sales Spurred on by Cost Concerns
- Competitive Landscape
- Multinational Companies Maintain Lead, With Latamel's Lead Normalising Following Playstation Spike in 2017
- Argentinean Software Developers Benefit From Export-driven Innovation
- Spiderman Launched on Playstation With Great Success
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Video Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Hardware: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Video Games Software: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 9 Distribution of Video Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Distribution of Video Games Hardware by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Distribution of Video Games Software by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Distribution of Video Games Software (Physical) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Video Games Software (Digital) by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Video Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Growth Driven by Inflation But Lower Purchasing Power Encourages Trading Down
- Discounting, Payment Currency Shift and Domestic Brands' Push for Distribution Benefit Sales
- Latamel Maintains Lead While Domestic Player Lionel Benefits From Offering Value
- Move Towards Internet Retailing Encourages Omnichannel Focus
- Younger Gamers and Electronic Traditional Toys and Games To Boost Sales
- Market Data
- Table 16 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 20 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 1 Research Sources