Traditional Toys and Games in Canada
The growing popularity of licences was the driving force behind overall sales growth over the review period. From 2012-2016, the value sales of licensed products increased by an average of 5% each year, compared to an average annual rate of less than 1% for non-licensed products. This growth in licensed toys and games was largely the result of a growing amount of digital entertainment consumption. In order to capitalise on these trends, toy and game companies sought to provide an ever-broader ar...
Euromonitor International's Traditional Toys and Games in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Action Figures and Accessories, Arts and Crafts, Baby and Infant, Construction, Dolls and Accessories, Dress-Up and Role Play, Games and Puzzles, Model Vehicles, Other Traditional Toys and Games, Outdoor and Sports, Plush, Pre-School, Remote Control Toys, Ride-On Vehicles, Scientific/Educational.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Traditional Toys and Games market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- TRADITIONAL TOYS AND GAMES IN CANADA
- Euromonitor International
- June 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Competitive Landscape
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Category: Value 2011-2016
- Table 2 Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2011-2016
- Table 3 Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Demographic: % Value 2011-2016
- Table 4 Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Licensed vs Non-Licensed: % Value 2011-2016
- Table 5 Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Electronic vs Non-Electronic: % Value 2011-2016
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Traditional Toys and Games: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Traditional Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 8 Distribution of Traditional Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2011-2016
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Demographic: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Traditional Toys and Games by Licensed vs Non-Licensed: % Value 2016-2021
- Toys r US Inc in Toys and Games (canada)
- Strategic Direction
- Key Facts
- Summary 1 Toys R Us Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Toys R Us Inc: Operational Indicators
- Company Background
- Internet Strategy
- Private Label
- Summary 3 Toys R Us Inc: Private Label Portfolio
- Competitive Positioning
- Summary 4 Toys R Us Inc: Competitive Position 2016
- Executive Summary
- Stable Growth Seen Across the Much of the Toys and Games Market
- Licensed Traditional Games and Toys Show Strong Growth During the Review Period
- International Toys and Games Companies Continue To Hold Significant Influence Within the Industry
- Internet Retailing and Digital Video Games Software Sales Gaining Steam
- Steady Growth Expected To Continue Through the Forecast Period
- Key Trends and Developments
- New Traditional Toys and Games Launches Looking To Expand Target Demographics
- Demand for Digital Video Game Software Drives Overall Market
- Market Data
- Table 13 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2011-2016
- Table 14 Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2011-2016
- Table 15 NBO Company Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 16 LBN Brand Shares of Toys and Games: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 17 Distribution of Toys and Games by Format: % Value 2011-2016
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Toys and Games by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Summary 5 Research Sources