Tourism Flows in Portugal
Disruption to travel had a devastating impact on Portugal’s tourism industry during the height of the pandemic and beyond in 2020. From 13 March, the country went into lockdown and flights from outside the EU were suspended, except for the US, Canada, Venezuela, South Africa and Portuguese-speaking countries. Levels of inbound and outbound flights have yet to return to pre-pandemic patterns and lists of safe air corridors and permitted countries change as virus numbers rise and fall globally. Sh...
Euromonitor International's Tourism Flows in Portugal report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Domestic Trips, Inbound Arrivals, Outbound Departures.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Tourism Flows market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Tourism Flows in Portugal
- Euromonitor International
- October 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Lockdown limits flights and lack visitors presents Portugal with serious challenges
- Domestic and rural tourism offer a way forward
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Portela expansion plans and new low-cost carrier hub set to boost passenger numbers
- A focus on culture and nature broaden Portugal’s destination appeal
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Inbound Arrivals: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 2 Inbound Arrivals by Country: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 3 Inbound City Arrivals 2015-2020
- Table 4 Inbound Receipts: Value 2015-2020
- Table 5 Leisure Inbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 6 Forecast Inbound Arrivals: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 7 Forecast Inbound Arrivals by Country: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 8 Forecast Inbound Receipts: Value 2020-2025
- Table 9 Domestic Trips by Destination: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 10 Domestic Business Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 11 Domestic Leisure Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 12 Domestic Expenditure: Value 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Domestic Business Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 14 Forecast Domestic Leisure Trips by Travel Mode: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 15 Forecast Domestic Expenditure: Value 2020-2025
- Table 16 Outbound Departures: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 17 Outbound Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 18 Outbound Expenditure: Value 2015-2020
- Table 19 Forecast Outbound Departures: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 20 Forecast Outbound Departures by Destination: Number of Trips 2020-2025
- Table 21 Forecast Outbound Expenditure: Value 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on travel
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response to COVID-19: Airlines and hotels
- Impact of COVID-19 on online bookings and travel intermediaries
- What next for travel?
- CHART 1 Inbound Receipts: 2020-2025
- CHART 2 Average Spend per Trip for Inbound Arrivals: 2020-2025
- MARKET DATA
- Table 22 Annual Leave: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 23 Travellers by Age: Number of People 2015-2020
- Table 24 Seasonality: Number of People 2015-2020
- Table 25 Leisure Outbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2015-2020
- Table 26 Other Transport Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 27 Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Other Transport Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 29 Forecast Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2020-2025
- Table 30 Activities and Experiences: Value 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Activities and Experiences: Value 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources