Surface Care in Japan
Retail value sales of surface care returned to positive growth in 2017, although value growth rates remained modest as demand in the category is already largely mature. Much of the impetus for positive growth came from home care wipes and floor cleaning systems, where novel products that offer convenience and genuine time saving are attracting the attention of busy urban consumers with hectic lifestyles. Bathroom cleaners was another dynamic surface care category in 2017 and this is because bath...
Euromonitor International's Surface Care in Japan market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Bathroom Cleaners, Descalers, Drain Openers, Floor Cleaners, Home Care Disinfectants, Home Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems, Kitchen Cleaners, Multi-Purpose Cleaners, Oven Cleaners, Scouring Agents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Surface Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SURFACE CARE IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- March 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Growth Rates Accelerate in Surface Care As More Attention Is Paid To Cleaning Tasks
- Online Sales of Surface Care Supported by Sales of Exclusive Internet-only Products
- Sales of Scouring Agents Continue To Decline Due To Changes in Kitchen Surfaces
- Competitive Landscape
- Kao Corp Underlines Its Leadership With A Strong Performance in Home Care Wipes
- Fumakilla Records the Highest Growth in Surface Care in 2017
- Local Player Rinrei Wax Co Still Struggling Due To Falling Demand for Floor Cleaners
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Surface Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Surface Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Home Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 Sales of Home Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Surface Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Surface Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Home Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Surface Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Surface Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Steady and Stable Growth Registered in Home Care During 2017
- the Shift Towards Premium Products Supports Positive Value Growth in Home Care
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers Is Again the Leading Distribution Channel
- Kao Corp Maintains Its Position As the Leading Player in Home Care
- Mature Market Set for Slow and Steady Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 11 Households 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 12 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 15 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 17 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources