Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care in Japan
In 2017, demand from inbound tourists remained a key driver of growth in super premium beauty and personal care. In most luxury categories, the average consumption per tourist declined; despite this, super premium beauty and personal care products remained popular, especially amongst Chinese tourists. Certain products were heavily promoted on Chinese social networking sites. As consumables, beauty products are frequently purchased by visitors, supporting the strong performance over the review pe...
Euromonitor International's Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market and their effects on Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care retailing along with the development of consumers’ shopping patterns. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change
Product coverage: Other Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care, Super Premium Colour Cosmetics, Super Premium Fragrances, Super Premium Skin Care.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- SUPER PREMIUM BEAUTY AND PERSONAL CARE IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- February 2018
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Sales Are Supported by Inbound Demand
- Domestic Demand Remains Strong, With Functional Products Driving Up Prices
- Internet Retailing Grows Rapidly, But Remains Small
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Player Shiseido Leads
- International Fragrance Brands Strengthen Their Presence
- Japanese Consumers Seek Higher Efficacy
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 5 Distribution of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Super Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- the Influence of Tourist Spending on Luxury Goods
- Inbound Tourists Actively Spend on Luxury Goods in 2017, Due To the Reinforcement of Infrastructure in Major Cities
- Young Affluent Japanese Consumers in Their 30s and 40s Become A Significant Consumer Group
- Retailers Shift To Focus on Stand-alone and Online Stores, Yet Department Stores Remain Popular
- the Influx of Tourists Is Expected To Boost the Supply and Sales of Luxury Goods
- Market Indicator
- Table 8 Number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI): 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 10 Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 11 Inbound Receipts for Luxury Goods by Country of Origin: Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2012-2016
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Luxury Goods: % Value 2013-2016
- Table 14 Distribution of Luxury Goods by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Luxury Goods by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources