Sunglasses in the United Kingdom
Although Luxottica’s portfolio of designer brands still clearly leads sunglasses, thanks to the rise of Kering Eyewear’s Gucci as well as the large share held by private label sunglasses could become increasingly fragmented in the coming years. Gucci parted ways with its former licensor Safilo in 2017 to re-establish creative control of its glasses arm. It has paid off, and Gucci continues to record high double-digit year-on-year percentage growth. Although Gucci does not have a large brand shar...
Euromonitor International's Sunglasses in United Kingdom report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (2014-2018), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sunglasses market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sunglasses in the United KingdomEuromonitor InternationalApril 2019 LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES HeadlinesProspectsLuxury Brands Still the Uk's Favourites But Sunglasses Starting To Fragment With the Rise of GucciCheaper Online Pure Players and Private Label Take Advantage of Sunglasses TrendsFlat Growth at Low End of the Rankings As Smaller Luxury Brands Struggle To InnovateCompetitive LandscapeIndependent Optical Stores Consolidating As Larger Firms Snap Them UpOnline Sales Growing As Sunglasses Become Fashion Staple on Social MediaPrivate Label Must Remain Agile in the Face of Luxottica-essilor MergerCategory Data
- Table 1 Sales of Sunglasses: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Sunglasses: Value 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Sunglasses: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 4 Sales of Sunglasses: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Sunglasses: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Sunglasses: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 7 Distribution of Sunglasses by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: Value 2019-2024
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive SummaryOutlook for the UK Eyewear Market Remains PositivePremiumisation in All Eyewear Categories Drives GrowthUK Eyewear Market Undergoes Further Concentration in 2019Internet Retailing Share in UK Eyewear Is Growing But Limitedthe UK Eyewear Industry Is Expected To Record Strong Growth Over the Forecast PeriodMarket Data
- Table 12 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 18 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources