Sunglasses in South Africa
Demand for sunglasses was already declining in South Africa prior to the emergence of COVID-19, due to an unstable economy, rising unemployment and decreasing disposable incomes, particularly amongst low- to mid-income consumers. While more educated consumers understand the importance of protecting their eyes from the sun’s glare, the much higher than average unit price of sunglasses within overall eyewear makes them a more discretionary item, and worn as an accessory amongst younger affluent co...
Euromonitor International's Sunglasses in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (2015-2019), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Sunglasses market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Sunglasses in South Africa
- Euromonitor International
- September 2020
- List OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2020 IMPACT
- Declining demand for sunglasses amidst unstable economy and weak consumer sentiment exacerbated by emergence of COVID-19 and lockdown in 2020
- Luxury designer brands lead sunglasses in 2019 but more affordable private label and low-cost lines from mixed retailers perform well due to increasing price sensitivity
- Apparel and footwear specialist retailers offer expanding range of sunglasses attracting younger consumers of fast fashion
- RECOVERY AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Strengthening decline predicted for sunglasses due to further economic instability as consumers prioritise their spending
- While younger affluent South Africans will continue to be influenced by social media and global trends, pandemic is likely to slow new product development of sunglasses
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Sunglasses: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 2 Sales of Sunglasses: Value 2015-2020
- Table 3 Sales of Sunglasses: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 4 Sales of Sunglasses: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Sunglasses: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Sunglasses: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 7 Distribution of Sunglasses by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: Value 2020-2025
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Sunglasses: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COVID-19 impact on eyewear
- COVID-19 country impact
- Company response
- Retailing shift
- What next for eyewear?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 12 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 18 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2015-2020
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2020-2025
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2020-2025
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2020-2025
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2020-2025
- GLOBAL MACROECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- GLOBAL INDUSTRY ENVIRONMENT
- Summary 1 Research Sources